Nowadays everyone has a Gluten-Free friend. I have a few who can no longer touch flour. They either have Celiac Disease or break out into hives if they have a piece of toast. I on the other hand love bread, muffins and pasta. So, instead of letting them eat cardboard-boxed-high-priced treats I make a big batch of these babies. Non GF’s will like these too, TDH requests them monthly.
Gluten Free Almond Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350* F
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
1 c almond flour (freshly ground or good ol’ Trader Joe’s version)
¾ c sugar
1 tsp GF vanilla extract
½ tsp GF almond extract
¾ c chopped (super tiny) dried apricots, plums, dates or figs
2 tbs butter, melted
- Combine all ingredients and mix well
- Drop by ½ teaspoonful onto prepared pan
- Bake 8-9 minutes, do not let brown!
- Store in an air-tight container
- If making for a gluten free friend/family member, make sure to wash all pans, bowls and utensils in hot soapy water before using.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Don’t be stingy, share with your GF friends.
- They freeze well in a glass container.
- TDH’s favorite is with apricots, mine currently is figs.
- Makes 2 dozen.
Adapted from Ann Sokolowski’s recipe on www.Celiac.com