Day 2 in Fiji on the island of Qamea.
The cuisine so far has been unbelievable. Even the breakfast is tasty! (I tend to loathe breakfast.) Today's lunch starts with Kokoda. Fiji's version of ceviche. Enjoy.
- bite size chunks of (raw) fresh fish. firm white fish or tuna is best.
- marinate in lime or lemon juice for about 2 hours and strain it.
- combine fish with 'lolo' juice from a freshly grated coconut. or canned coconut milk (unsweetened).
- add 1 small chopped onion
- add 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- add 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- salt to taste
- as much chili as you can handle (red pepper flakes, red chili paste or siracha)
- Tip: you can make ahead for a night of entertaining or surprise your roomie or better half.
Time to scoot, I have a hot date with TDH paddle boarding. He's hooked!