So, what do you pack for a 12 day honeymoon trip to the island of Qamea? Don't even think about checking a bag. It slows you down, could get lost, and is simply not necessary. A carry-on and backpack or purse is plenty of room. Even for a 5 week trip!
- Check the weather. Islands are usually hot and humid but rainy. How else could they be so gorgeous!
- Think light, layers and comfy. No one will care what you are wearing on an island of population 60. Comfortable can still be sexy though, especially if it's your honeymoon!- Lay all clothes out you "think" you need.
- Divide up into tops, bottoms, dresses, workout, bathing suits, undies and bras.
- Now, take 1/2 of it out and set aside.
- Leave most jewelry at home. Ocean swimming, fishing, wind surfing and paddle boarding don't mix with pearls. Avoid losing a family heirloom by leaving it behind in the safe or a random book on the shelf. (Just remember which book!)
- Shoes: This is tricky, boys can get by with 2 pairs, flip flops and tennis shoes. But girls on the other hand like to differentiate between beach shoes and dinner shoes. I'm bringing a pair of Reefs, Mom's gold sandals from the 80's and a lightweight pair of running shoes. (Running shoes are a must for me, it's how I explore each new place I visit.)
- Roll up each piece of clothing, it saves a TON of space.
- Leave a little space in your carry-on for gifts and keepsakes.
- Don't forget to double bag your toiletries!
- Relax and enjoy!
Who is TDH? Tall, Dark and Handsome. My husband :)
Where is Fiji? North of New Zealand. Map