Thursday, April 26, 2012

DIY - Global Coffee Table

For a few years now I've been saving bills from each country's currency I visit.  They don't take up as much space as coins and are super lightweight.  Every ounce counts when you are backpacking or living out of a carry-on for 5 weeks.  As a designer, my favorites are color and name driven.  Hong Kong is never one to blend in with the crowd and covers their bills in HOT pink.  Australia has been using Pantone's color of the year, Tangerine Tango for years.  Last but not least is India, for the sole reason I just miss paying in Rupees! 
 Instead of letting the bills gather dust we used them to decorate our drab Ikea coffee table.  Any glass top table with a layer underneath would work.  Plus it's a great conversation piece for your next dinner party.


                               A few more recipes for the dinner party I mentioned.
                                                  appetizer   /   main   /   dessert

2 comments: